L'équipe de la rédaction

L'équipe de la rédaction
Etudiants EMLV MRH promotion 2015

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Feedback from Kelly, HR Development Officer

                Final year Master student with a major in Human Resources at EMLV Business School, Kelly performed, during her previous year in HR Management, a two-months internship for a leading french company in local communication. This company publishes contents and services, handles media and board as well as the advertising.

She gives us her impressions resulting from this valuable experience.


What were your missions during this internship?



During my internship, I had the opportunity to promote cross-company managerial practices. That is in regard with the company’s Employment Preservation program, I worked with the Training Department by organizing sessions for HR Managers. Through these training schemes, we explained in a consistent manner, how to review the staffs' competitive positioning subsequent to a change management. In turn, they enhanced this policy and strategy to other managers.
I also worked in close collaboration with the Department for Career Management. They used “Talent Soft”, a software designed for Talent management. I processed the tool to monitor the appraisal campaigns of their staff members. Having empowered its use, I could then support and advise further end-users. 
I carried out surveys on "sensitive jobs" and worked on a meeting to introduce team-building and foster team work.

When working with the Recruitment Service, it was necessary to draft an on-boarding procedure for newcomers. 
In addition, I provided in-depth work on :

  • Developing a list of weak signals to highlight potential trends that may emerge in the future
  • Processing purchase orders and invoices
  • Attending several job interviews and the “Job Competency Planning” committee 


What educational gains have you obtained in terms of new knowledge compared with EMLV courses?


Multitude of inputs from this internship combined with inflow of new knowledge and new competences have sharpened my perception of the HR world. The hands-on approach in setting up professional surveys, reports and presentations have indeed improved my computer skills. Similarly, organizing real-world seminars and meetings have given me meaningful opportunities to apply, but also reveal, contrasted theory to practice in workplace and business reality. Observing the different applied HR processes in the company will, later on, certainly help me to grasp the nitty-gritty of this field.


What is your position now on HR? Did your experience help you to define your future career in HR?


Before doing this internship, I had a general overview and moreover, a theoretical throw of Human Resources built on academic content : law, social relations, change management, internal communication. Today, I stand with a better vision and a rather different HR approach, greatly enriched by the focus on real case studies affecting the company I worked for. It has definitely diversified my understanding on core positions in HR activity sector. 

Now, my career perspectives in HR push me to refine my goals through my final year end-of-course internship. Quite attracted by Career Management and Generalist HR as a fresh HR graduate, I would like to start my career in one of these fields.

I undoubtedly believe this experience has been a transition seat, thrusting me a little more, from my scholar to my future HR work-life area. My internship as HR Development Officer has been a rewarding experience that gave me the challenging opportunity to improve my employability by deepening my knowledge and practice in the field of Human Resources.


Kelly SEBAH - - PALVADEAU
EMLV MRH promo 2015 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire